Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Dad is Back!

After a long 10 days of searching for my dad, and posting signs and contacting all of the neighbors and  our local restaurant Cucina Italiana, our local bar Turtle Rock, The Pope Valley Store, all the vet clinics, the animal shelters in two counties and placing an ad in the Napa Valley Register, we got a call yesterday from a neighbor on Pritchard Hill. Gwen  had found Charlie wandering on the road and because he had no collar she assumed he was abandoned so she opened her car door and he jumped in. For the next week he lived in luxury on a beautiful estate overlooking Lake Hennessey. Gwen had been preoccupied with other matters in her life, and because Charlie was such a pleasant and polite house guest, she let him stay until she realized that he was missing his family and that he must have a home somewhere. She looked in the lost and found section of the paper and knew she had the lost dog described in the ad. She called our home and my mom Holly, Bean, Susan and Melissa and I raced to the car,  drove down the canyon and up the mountain to fetch him. He was so happy to see us and yet sad to leave his new friends. Before coming home he gave us the grand tour around  his vacation home and as I jumped up over the stone wall to join the tour I realized that I had just shown Susan and Melissa that I do know how to jump, oops!

We all have collars and id tags now, thanks to Nanci our best friend in the world!

1 comment: